Canada has some of the best services for newcomers in the world. These services are designed to assist new immigrants in finding housing and employment, improving their language skills, filing taxes, enrolling their children in school, and so much more. These government-funded programs differ by territory and province.

Accommodations and Housing

Finding lodging is usually the first priority for newcomers to Canada. The first place you stay in Canada may be temporary, which is fine. A hostel, a relatively brief apartment rental, or staying with friends can assist you in getting to know your new city. Short-term rentals also make it possible to move to different neighborhoods, so if you find employment across town, you can relocate closer to it.

All realty agents will simply help you through the process of purchasing or selling any sort of house in the most professional manner possible. However, real estate brokers’ experience can differ depending on individual places and communities, so it’s crucial to question whether they have information of the areas you’re interested in. Real estate agents will also assist you in negotiating the best deal for the property you want to buy or rent, and will specifically promote you as a person to reach the best conditions if you want to rent from a landlord.

Real estate agents are also responsible for providing you with information and opinions on the neighborhood, lifestyle, sociology, commutability, and geographic aspects, as well as information about the building itself.


What is the procedure for Real Estate Commissions in Canada?

In Canada, the commission is paid by the property’s seller/landlord. In other words, you do not have to pay for the real estate agent you employ when seeking to purchase or rent a house because it is handled by the person selling or renting the residence and will not cost you anything.

If you know where you want to stay and seem to be ready to commit to longer-term accommodations, make sure you understand all of the housing costs involved.

Services for Finding Work

Employment solutions are not only intended to help you gain employment, but also to make you feel at ease in your new workplace. Trying to find and apply for a job in Canada may differ from what you are used to in your home country. For assistance in preparing your résumé, contact your local newcomer service center.

Drivers’ License

Getting a driver’s license and perhaps even a car may be a top priority for you depending on which location you immigrate to in Canada based on your daily routine. Unless you live in Vancouver, Montreal, or Toronto (the most walkable cities in Canada), you may need to learn how to acquire a driver’s license as a newbie.

Automobile Insurance

Driving in Canada requires you to have auto insurance. If you often drive a car owned by a family or acquaintance, be sure you’re included on their auto insurance policy.

You may also want to participate in informational sessions on Canadian workplace culture once you’ve found a job. This will help you recognize and comprehend what is expected of you at work, such as how many hours per week are acceptable and how employees communicate with one another and with clients.

There are several types of automobile insurance policies available, offering coverage for one or both:

If you are at fault in an accident, you may be held liable for your own injuries and vehicle damage, as well as the costs of damages and harm to others.

The cost of your automobile insurance is determined by the plan you select and your:

  • age
  • driving record
  • driving experience

The cost varies depending on the insurance company. As a result, you should make sure you know what each plan covers, then contact a few insurance providers for pricing information.

Children’s Education

If you are bringing your children to Canada, you may require assistance in enrolling them in school. If you don’t know where your child can go to school, contact a local newcomer service. You can find out what documents you’ll need to register your child. If you already know which school your child will attend, the school guidance counselor can help you register for classes and explain school policies including what is expected of students, parents, and teachers. Children may find it difficult to adjust to a fresh way of living and making new friends. Most schools provide French and English language training, as well as group activities after school.

International Students’ Services

You may have questions about health care services, student accommodation, transportation, opening a bank account, and working in Canada as an international student. If you have not yet been accepted to a university, you can learn about living in Canada as an international student. If you have already been accepted to a Canadian college or university, make sure to visit their website.

Most Canadian colleges and universities have a department on campus that helps all students with services like finding a place to live, enlisting in a healthcare plan, and adapting to Canadian culture. International students may even have their own department on campus.

Canadian banking

For obvious reasons, you will want to create a Canadian bank account as soon as you arrive in Canada. In comparison to other nations, opening a Canadian bank account is fairly simple. To open a bank account in Canada, just walk into the bank and present proper personal identification. You don’t need a job, a fixed residence, money to put down, or credit. The bank teller will assist you in the procedure, and many Canadian banks offer particular services to immigrants. RBC Royal Bank, BMO Bank of Montreal, TD Bank, CIBC, Scotiabank

Leave your vote

Add comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Log In

Forgot password?

Forgot password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Log in

Privacy Policy

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.